🌴 We Went on Vacation... That's When I Learned Everything
"Nothing reveals someone's true personality quite like delayed flights, melting ice cream, and one bathroom for a week."
When I first started dating him, everything seemed perfect.
He laughed at my jokes (even the bad ones), opened doors, remembered my coffee order, and texted me "Good morning" before I'd even hit snooze.
Naturally, after about six weeks, he suggested we book a beach vacation.
Cue the romantic music.
Or... maybe cue the dramatic soundtrack.
Everyone says you don't truly know someone until you've traveled together. I used to think that was just something older couples said while sipping wine on cruise ships.
Turns out... they were onto something.
✈️ The Airport Test
It all started at the airport.
I arrived early with snacks, my boarding pass ready, and enough entertainment downloaded to survive a zombie apocalypse.
He arrived exactly 14 minutes before boarding.
With no charger.
No headphones.
No passport...
Okay, he remembered the passport—but only after checking his pockets three separate times.
That should've been my first clue.
🧳 The Packing Situation
I packed outfits for every occasion.
Beach.
Dinner.
Boat trip.
Cute sunset photos.
Unexpected dolphin encounter.
He packed...
Three T-shirts.
One pair of shorts.
And somehow forgot swim trunks for a beach vacation.
Sir...
Where exactly did you think we were going?
🍽️ Vacation Hunger Is Real
By day two, we discovered something important.
I become slightly dramatic when I'm hungry.
He becomes completely incapable of making a decision.
"What do you want to eat?"
"I don't know. What do you want?"
"I asked you first."
"I'll eat anything."
Twenty-five minutes later...
We were somehow still standing outside the restaurant.
📸 The Vacation Photographer
Every girl deserves someone who can take at least one photo where she doesn't look like she's was caught blinking mid-sneeze.
Instead, I received:
One blurry photo.
Three photos with my head cut off.
Five accidental pictures of his own feet.
Thank you for your service.
🌅 But Here's the Funny Thing...
Somewhere between getting lost, laughing over wrong turns, sharing fries on the beach, and watching the sunset together...
I realized something.
A vacation isn't supposed to be perfect.
Flights get delayed.
People forget things.
Maps lead you in circles.
And sometimes you'll spend twenty minutes arguing over where to eat only to end up ordering pizza in pajamas.
The real question isn't:
"Did everything go according to plan?"
It's:
"Could we laugh about it together?"
Because if you can laugh after missing the exit...
Smile when it rains on beach day...
And survive building flat-pack beach chairs without declaring war...
You're probably doing okay.
🌴 So... When Is the Right Time to Vacation Together?
Maybe not after the second date.
Probably before you're picking wedding flowers.
Somewhere in between—when you've gotten to know each other but are still excited to discover new things together—is often a sweet spot.
Travel has a funny way of revealing habits, communication styles, patience, and how you both handle the unexpected. It won't tell you everything about a relationship, but it can show you how you work as a team when plans change.
And if you come home with funny stories instead of the silent treatment?
That's a pretty good souvenir.
☀️ Final Boarding Call...
So, should you take that vacation with the person you're dating?
Absolutely.
Just remember to pack sunscreen, patience, and maybe an extra phone charger... because someone is definitely going to forget theirs.
Happy travels, happy dating, and may all your vacation memories be the kind you'll laugh about for years to come.
🌴 The Cove Collective
Beach style, travel tips, and coastal stories with a splash of sunshine.


No comments:
Post a Comment